Saturday, January 29, 2011

Workin away on the X-Ben

Finished up the fork tonight. I am really happy with how it turned out. Gave it the ol' test fit onto the frame. Frame is actually fairly close to being finished as well. The downtube is pretty well done and everything else has been rough sanded with most of the hard work done. Just need to finish up the wet sanding.
Also waiting on my special aluminum polish for the final polish. Ordering the rest of the parts for the bike this week so I hope to be able to build up the wheels shortly and bolt the frame back together. Crunch time with South Carolina looming!

Check out the shine on that down tube. Fork is gold but looks almost olive in the pics.

I was lucky to have a sticker kit for the fork. Oh yes the one chainstay you can see in this pic is done as well. The rest of the frame needs to be wet sanded with 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 grit paper then polished. Goodbye fingerprints on my hands lol.
Snapped a pic from my livingroom this morning. Nice livin' out in Oro.
Now I am off to bed. Should be easy since I am so high on paint fumes.
Buh bye
Benno

No comments:

Post a Comment