Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still going

Day 3 was easier in some ways and harder in others than day 4. Yesterday I was still super stiff from the onset of weight training but staying really light and am getting used to the movements (I learned my lesson about starting too hard maaaany years ago).
The getting up at 6am part doesn't seem to be a problem. I think the fact that it gets dark so early is helping me to get to bed earlier. This morning I felt like a complete zombie, though most of the stiffness has left my "muscles". I think by staying at it every day with light exercise has helped me get through the awkward beginning stages of strength training much quicker and I'll be able to start doing real work in the next couple days.
Right now I am just working on general fitness. On work days I roll out of bed at 6 then immediately go for a short 20min jog (with the Ay Up headlamp which is awesome for running with). After I have a quick bite to eat I do my little workout circuit for about 40 minutes to get me going for the day. I alternate days between core/upper body, and core/lower body. I plan on doing this 7 days a week (pending extenuating circumstances).
After work I grab a quick something to eat and head out on the bike for 1-2 hours. I will integrate a little more riding (or skiing!) structure next month but for now I am just spinning along and having a good time. I ride 3 days and take one day off. I don't abide by a days-of-the-week regime because my work schedule is completely random.

For those of you who are betting on my failure upon me buying my dream car (about 6-8 weeks from now), you'll be pleased to know that I have made appointments to go see and test drive 3 or 4 of them this Tuesday. I am very excited as I've never even sat in one of these things let alone driven one. I figured I better make sure I don't think it's a piece of junk before I order my plates lol.

Anyways that's it for now. 4 days done.
Benno

No comments:

Post a Comment