Friday, August 20, 2010

How-To: Adjust your rear derailleur - Q&A Section

-my derailleur shifts slowly or not at all on the upshift and downshift
Most likely try replacing your cable and housing

Similarly-my derailleur shifts poorly in both directions
Most likely try adjusting your B-tension screw.

-my derailleur shifts well for only half of the gear cluster
Most likely try aligning your hanger

-my derailleur suddenly started shifting into my spokes off the top or into the frame off the bottom
Most likely try aligning your hanger. Your limit screws are off and since they don’t adjust themselves the problem usually lies in a bent hanger.

-my derailleur shifts into the spokes off the top and/or into the frame at the bottom
Most likely try adjusting your limit screws.

-my derailleur is slow to shift in one direction (either up or down but not both)
Most likely try adjusting your cable tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment